Session Listing

Upcoming | Include Recent

In addition to the in-person sessions listed below, you may also be interested in the IT4U Webinars offered by ITS. You can either attend the live webinar or review it later at your convenience.

Hide Descriptions
Session Details Date Status

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 01-07-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

While physical fitness keeps our bodies in shape, meditation is an exercise for the mind and mental wellness is essential to living a happy, productive life. Perhaps Buddha put it best when he was asked, “What have you gained from meditation?” Buddha replied, “Nothing! But let me tell you what I lost: Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Insecurity, and Fear of Old Age and Death.” What you … Continue reading Heartfulness Guided Meditation »

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 01/07/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 01-14-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 01/14/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 01-21-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 01/21/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 02-04-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 02/04/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 02-11-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 02/11/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 02-18-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 02/18/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 02-25-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 02/25/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 03-04-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 03/04/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 03-11-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 03/11/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 03-18-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 03/18/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 03-25-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 03/25/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 04-01-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 04/01/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 04-08-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 04/08/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 04-15-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 04/15/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 04-22-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 04/22/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 04-29-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 04/29/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 05-06-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 05/06/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 05-06-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 05/06/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 05-13-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 05/13/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 05-20-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 05/20/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 05-27-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 05/27/2022 Open

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 06-10-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Open
Description:

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 06/10/2022 Open
an image of the Cool Toys logo

Cool Toys Conversations: 5G, Robots, Transportation, Supply Chains, & Scenarios

Sponsor(s): UM Library
Tags: , ,
Date: 07-26-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Status: Past
Description:

The Cool Toys Conversations hosts open casual conversations via Zoom on emerging technologies and trends, and their potential impacts on (and opportunities/risks for) academic, clinical, and personal life and work, from research to office to home. This month’s meeting topic focuses on the Future Today Institute reports on (1) 5G, Robots, Transportation, Supply Chains, and (2) Lagniappe (whatever you want to go into more detail … Continue reading Cool Toys Conversations: 5G, Robots, Transportation, Supply Chains, & Scenarios »

12:00 pm-1:00 pm 07/26/2022 Past

Managing Your Online Researcher Identity

Sponsor(s): UM Library
Tags: , , , , , , , ,
Date: 07-27-2022
Time: 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
Status: Past
Description:

There is a lot to consider when crafting an online identity as a researcher. In this session, we will talk about the different types of online scholarly engagement and how to create your personal brand as a researcher. We will review best online engagement practices by focusing on the specific platforms that scholars use, such as ORCID, LinkedIn, Google Scholar, Scopus Author ID, Research Gate/Academia.edu, … Continue reading Managing Your Online Researcher Identity »

2:00 pm-3:00 pm 07/27/2022 Past

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 07-29-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-12:30 pm
Status: Past
Description:

12:00 pm-12:30 pm 07/29/2022 Past

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 08-05-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-12:30 pm
Status: Past
Description:

12:00 pm-12:30 pm 08/05/2022 Past

Introduction to Gradescope

Sponsor(s): Learning and Teaching with Technology Consultants
Tags: , ,
Date: 08-08-2022
Time: 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Status: Past
Description:

Join us for an online workshop and learn how instructors use Gradescope. The workshop will offer guidance on delivery of assignments that are paper-based, fully online, and a combination of the two. In this workshop you will learn how to: – Set up assignments where students can submit freeform work (no printers or templates needed) – Grade your existing exams and homework on Gradescope – … Continue reading Introduction to Gradescope »

11:00 am-12:00 pm 08/08/2022 Past

iClicker Cloud Demonstration

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-08-2022
Time: 1:00 pm-1:30 pm
Status: Past
Description:

iClicker Cloud is an engaging polling platform offered to all LSA faculty and students for free. A variety of question formats can enhance the learning experience—including targets/hot spots and short answer responses. With iClicker Cloud, students can participate in polls using their own mobile devices or laptops. Join us for a demonstration to see if iClicker Cloud is right for your class. 30 minutes https://umich.zoom.us/j/92418770996?pwd=cndoN2YzZS9mTjRIaWpYU1o1eXZWUT09

1:00 pm-1:30 pm 08/08/2022 Past

Introduction to Discussion & Chat Tools

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-08-2022
Time: 3:00 pm-3:50 pm
Status: Past
Description:

Discussion Tools and chat tools help build class community and foster engagement with course content. In this session, we will give an overview of the discussion and chat tools available to LSA instructors, including considerations for use. We will also introduce potential rationale for integrating discussing or chat tools into a course. 50 minutes https://umich.zoom.us/j/93341957781?pwd=MW5OYmhtZGFrR2NLQWFUVGJSTHBEZz09

3:00 pm-3:50 pm 08/08/2022 Past

Perusall Annotation Tool

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-10-2022
Time: 11:00 am-11:30 am
Status: Past
Description:

Perusall is a collaborative, online annotation tool. It allows students to collectively annotate PDFs and videos that you upload, or e-textbooks adopted through Perusall. If your class focuses on analyzing readings, collaborative annotation can form the basis of class discussion or work as a stand-alone collaborative project. You can also share your lecture slides and video files for students to add comments and questions. 30 … Continue reading Perusall Annotation Tool »

11:00 am-11:30 am 08/10/2022 Past

YellowDig Discussion Tool Basic Setup

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-11-2022
Time: 11:00 am-11:30 am
Status: Past
Description:

Yellowdig is a discussion tool that has the look and functionality of social media (e.g. Facebook). It allows students to make posts that include multimedia elements, and to respond to posts made by others by replying or by ‘liking’ the post. Yellowdig presents posts in a single stream, which can keep discussion moving rapidly. 30 minutes https://umich.zoom.us/j/93341957781?pwd=MW5OYmhtZGFrR2NLQWFUVGJSTHBEZz09

11:00 am-11:30 am 08/11/2022 Past

Introduction to PlayPosit

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-11-2022
Time: 11:00 am-11:50 am
Status: Past
Description:

Playposit is an interactive web-based video platform that allows educators to provide formative assessment both inside and outside the classroom. Teachers are able to embed quiz-type questions into videos from Youtube, Vimeo and other popular video platforms. Data can then be analyzed on the individual or group level, providing powerful insight into educational trends. This session will be presented by a PlayPosit specialist. Note: PlayPosit … Continue reading Introduction to PlayPosit »

11:00 am-11:50 am 08/11/2022 Past

Introduction to WordPress Course Sites

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-11-2022
Time: 1:00 pm-1:30 pm
Status: Past
Description:

WordPress is a blogging and content management platform. It supports both classic blogging, with a single stream of posts listed by date, and also classic website arrangements, with a variety of content pages linked by a stable navigation menu. WordPress allows your students to post journal or blog style entries. These can be public, private to the course, or private to the instructor, and can … Continue reading Introduction to WordPress Course Sites »

1:00 pm-1:30 pm 08/11/2022 Past

Adobe Creative Cloud Survey of Tools

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-11-2022
Time: 2:00 pm-2:50 pm
Status: Past
Description:

Adobe Creative Cloud is a set of applications and services that give subscribers access to a collection of software used for graphic design, video editing, web development, photography, along with a set of mobile applications and also some optional cloud services. Adobe Creative Cloud is available to all LSA students, staff, and instructors. 50 minutes https://umich.zoom.us/j/97747655454?pwd=azNja0ZmVGZJZC9ibmdUZGtWYXpVdz09

2:00 pm-2:50 pm 08/11/2022 Past

U-M Library Basics – Central Campus

Sponsor(s): UM Library
Tags: , , , ,
Date: 08-12-2022
Time: 9:00 am-10:00 am
Status: Past
Description:

Gain insight into the resources and services available at the library and learn strategies for efficiently finding information for your research projects.  Join a U-M Librarian as the questions below are explored: How can I access library resources remotely or in person? What kind of technology help can I get at the library? How can I find scholarly books and articles? What are some of … Continue reading U-M Library Basics – Central Campus »

9:00 am-10:00 am 08/12/2022 Past

Embodied Learning

Sponsor(s): LSA Technology Services
Tags: , ,
Date: 08-12-2022
Time: 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Status: Past
Description:

Embodied learning is a branch of active learning where the body is involved in the learning process. Many of the more complex and high-impact active learning strategies involve bodily engagement. Role plays, simulations, theatre, and supervised internships are all examples. This in-person session will introduce you to the principles of embodied learning and demonstrate how they are applied. 60 minutes https://umich.zoom.us/j/97747655454?pwd=azNja0ZmVGZJZC9ibmdUZGtWYXpVdz09

11:00 am-12:00 pm 08/12/2022 Past

Heartfulness Guided Meditation

Sponsor(s): ITS Teaching and Learning
Tags:
Date: 08-12-2022
Time: 12:00 pm-12:30 pm
Status: Past
Description:

12:00 pm-12:30 pm 08/12/2022 Past

Introduction to Julia for Statisticians and Data Scientists – Day 1

Sponsor(s): Consulting for Statistics Computing and Analytics Research
Tags: N/A
Date: 08-15-2022
Time: 9:00 am-11:00 am
Status: Past
Description:

This three-part workshop will give an overview of the Julia language for conducting data analyses and managing data. The workshop assumes no prior experience with Julia, but participants should have prior programming experience with a language such as Python, R, or Matlab. The format of the workshop is lecture/discussion but participants may bring a laptop if they wish to have a hands-on experience. The instructor … Continue reading Introduction to Julia for Statisticians and Data Scientists – Day 1 »

9:00 am-11:00 am 08/15/2022 Past

Harmonize Discussion Tool Basic Setup

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-15-2022
Time: 11:00 am-11:30 am
Status: Past
Description:

Harmonize is a discussion tool in which students respond to a top-level prompt, each response starting a new thread within which instructor and students can reply with additional comments. Harmonize allows multiple due dates within a discussion, which has been very popular with LSA faculty. Harmonize has very strong multimedia features, including annotation of images and video files within posts. It also contains integrated chat … Continue reading Harmonize Discussion Tool Basic Setup »

11:00 am-11:30 am 08/15/2022 Past

Introduction to Piazza

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-15-2022
Time: 1:00 pm-1:30 pm
Status: Past
Description:

Piazza is a wiki-style Q & A platform. Questions and answers on Piazza are community-edited. Each question has a single students’ answer that students can contribute to, and a single instructors’ answer that instructors can contribute to. With wiki-style Q&A, when students have questions, they don’t need to sift through long threads in a forum to find what she’s looking for; they can read just … Continue reading Introduction to Piazza »

1:00 pm-1:30 pm 08/15/2022 Past

Supporting Media Projects

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-15-2022
Time: 2:00 pm-2:50 pm
Status: Past
Description:

We provide support for the design and implementation of media assignments. This includes consulting about the assignment criteria, rubric, and workflow as well as support for using the audio, visual, and graphic tools available to LSA instructors and students. 50 minutes https://umich.zoom.us/j/97747655454?pwd=azNja0ZmVGZJZC9ibmdUZGtWYXpVdz09

2:00 pm-2:50 pm 08/15/2022 Past

Introduction to Julia for Statisticians and Data Scientists Day #2

Tags: N/A
Date: 08-16-2022
Time: 9:00 am-11:00 am
Status: Past
Description:

This three-part workshop will give an overview of the Julia language for conducting data analyses and managing data. The workshop assumes no prior experience with Julia, but participants should have prior programming experience with a language such as Python, R, or Matlab. The format of the workshop is lecture/discussion but participants may bring a laptop if they wish to have a hands-on experience. The instructor … Continue reading Introduction to Julia for Statisticians and Data Scientists Day #2 »

9:00 am-11:00 am 08/16/2022 Past

Accessibility Workshop for Text & Documents

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-16-2022
Time: 1:00 pm-2:00 pm
Status: Past
Description:

This short online session will introduce you to the principles of accessible design as applied to text documents, including PDFs. Accessible documents are ones that are available to all viewers and interpretable by assistive technology such as screen readers. At the end of this training session, participants will be able to: structure documents with headers use styles for consistency and meaningful structure choose accessible colors … Continue reading Accessibility Workshop for Text & Documents »

1:00 pm-2:00 pm 08/16/2022 Past

Accessibility Workshop for Images & Video

Sponsor(s): LSA Technology Services
Tags: , ,
Date: 08-16-2022
Time: 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
Status: Past
Description:

This short online session will introduce you to the principles of universal design as applied to multimedia such as images, audio, and video. Universal multimedia means media which are available to all viewers and have alternate modes of access to their information, such as closed captioning. At the end of this training session, participants will be able to: add alt tags to images add descriptive … Continue reading Accessibility Workshop for Images & Video »

2:00 pm-3:00 pm 08/16/2022 Past

U-M Library Basics – North Campus

Sponsor(s): UM Library
Tags: , , , ,
Date: 08-17-2022
Time: 9:00 am-10:00 am
Status: Past
Description:

Gain insight into the resources and services available at the U-M Library and learn strategies for efficiently finding information for your research projects. Join U-M Engineering Librarians as the questions below are explored: How can I access library resources remotely or in person? What kind of technology help can I get at the library? How can I find scholarly books and articles? What are some … Continue reading U-M Library Basics – North Campus »

9:00 am-10:00 am 08/17/2022 Past

Active Learning for In-Person Classes

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-17-2022
Time: 11:00 am-11:30 am
Status: Past
Description:

When students are engaged in active learning, they are “doing” something and actively thinking about what they are doing (Bonwell & Eison, 1991). Well-designed active learning experiences help move students from lower-order thinking into higher order cognitive engagement. Students who build their own knowledge are not only learning, they are becoming aware of how they learn (metacognition). This session will provide examples of active learning, … Continue reading Active Learning for In-Person Classes »

11:00 am-11:30 am 08/17/2022 Past

Gradescope Multiple Version Bubble Sheets: An Alternative to Scantrons

Tags: , ,
Date: 08-17-2022
Time: 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
Status: Past
Description:

Join us for an online workshop and learn how instructors use Gradescope. The workshop will offer guidance on using Gradescope Bubble Sheets (as a scantron replacement). In this workshop you will learn how to: – digitally create answer key and change at any time as needed – student submissions via any scanner on campus – edit bubbling mistakes electronically and systematically – quick scoring (including … Continue reading Gradescope Multiple Version Bubble Sheets: An Alternative to Scantrons »

2:00 pm-3:00 pm 08/17/2022 Past

Introduction to Julia for Statisticians and Data Scientists Day #3

Tags: N/A
Date: 08-18-2022
Time: 9:00 am-11:00 am
Status: Past
Description:

This three-part workshop will give an overview of the Julia language for conducting data analyses and managing data. The workshop assumes no prior experience with Julia, but participants should have prior programming experience with a language such as Python, R, or Matlab. The format of the workshop is lecture/discussion but participants may bring a laptop if they wish to have a hands-on experience. The instructor … Continue reading Introduction to Julia for Statisticians and Data Scientists Day #3 »

9:00 am-11:00 am 08/18/2022 Past

Syllabus Language for Inclusivity and Community

Sponsor(s): Language Resource Center
Tags: , ,
Date: 08-18-2022
Time: 10:00 am-11:00 am
Status: Past
Description:

About this workshop: In this virtual, personal, hands-on session we will take a look at language choices in a syllabus; choices designed to create a more equitable, accessible, and successful semester for you and your students. BRING YOUR SYLLABUS! Time will be held during the workshop for you to implement the changes we discuss!   Format: Remotely via Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent … Continue reading Syllabus Language for Inclusivity and Community »

10:00 am-11:00 am 08/18/2022 Past

From Taking Pictures to Making Photographs

Sponsor(s): UM Library
Tags:
Date: 08-18-2022
Time: 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Status: Past
Description:

Do you have hundreds, if not thousands of photos on your mobile device that you don’t ever use or actually view anymore? Do you often get frustrated with not enough ‘likes’ for your images on social media? Or do you have a camera that is sitting and collecting dust? If any of these apply to you, I encourage you to join our workshop on going … Continue reading From Taking Pictures to Making Photographs »

11:00 am-12:00 pm 08/18/2022 Past